Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting rid of junk mail?

I get so much junk mail and I never sign up for anything. I rarely ever give my address out and if I do it is to a important company. I get offers for credit cards and advo and all kinds of crap is there anyway I can have this stop or at least get like half of the junk mail. The credit card ones scare me because I get so many of them sometimes I don%26#039;t rip them up and I don%26#039;t want identity theft to happen to me.



Getting rid of junk mail?student loan consolidation





On of the best things that I did is to %26quot;opt out%26quot;. This greatly reduced my junk mail. I don%26#039;t get %26quot;you%26#039;ve been approved%26quot; offers any more.



When you opt out - you prevent these agencies from getting any of your credit info. Since they have no idea what kind of credit you have -- they don%26#039;t pre-approve you for a bunch of junk you don%26#039;t want.



It also does not cost you anything to opt out.



Here%26#039;s a link to the Federal Trade Commission for information.



http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/cred...



Getting rid of junk mail?

loan



Yes.



1. Change your address to a mail drop like postnet or UPS store.



2. Change your address directly with the companies and individuals you want to have your new address. Do NOT place a forwarding address registration with your post office.



3. Don%26#039;t accept mail at your house anymore, and tell your postman to send back any mail that comes to your house.



4. Change your ID to reflect the new address too.



5. Never give your home address to anyone.



Most junk mail is screened for residences. Junk mailers don%26#039;t want to mail to a box, so they will eliminate you from their lists.



Best also if the box is in a different zip code if possible, than your house. Nobody needs to know where you sleep to do business with you.



On utility bills, tell them you have a new mailing address and need it on the bills too. The bills will show that address and the service address, which is useful if you need to show a utility bill for proof of address to a school, etc.|||Usually junk mail comes with SAEs for you to return your %26#039;application%26#039;. The company that sends them out has to pay for any items that are sent back. Rather than filling in the application, just tear it in half and put it in the envelope. Or, if you feel really vindictive, fill it in with fictitious details or rub it in the remains of last night%26#039;s smelly curry. The company will then have to pay for the postage and their staff will all be quitting, disgusted by the contents of the mail. If enough people do this sort of thing, it can severely affect the junk mail company%26#039;s profits or even put them out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment