Friday, August 7, 2009

Unable to file bankrupcty, still need legal advice?

I need legal advice on how to handle a debt problem. I owe $10,000 to 3 USA credit cards each, so a total of $30,000. I am broke, but according to all the lawyers that I have consulted (all of them belong to the California American Board of Certification, the national certification board for bankruptcy, or the ones rated on the Best bureau Business,) tell me that I can file for bankruptcy, but the judge will not allow the debts to be discharged (Is a long story and all the lawyers ask me why and once I explained them, they agree that is not advisable).



I have lived a hell suffering because I think is not ethical to avoid paying, but I am broke, my plan was not to do this, they offered me credit cards with balance transfer and I used them as a way to borrow money while I was solving my problems here, but things did not worked the way I planned and suddenly I cannot obtain more balance transfers and the debt is there but I am broke.



So, I am not looking for a lawyer to file bankruptcy, I am looking for a lawyer that answers my questions that I will have through the collecting and suing process.



I am Mexican, I have lived in Mexico the last 7 seven years of my life. I do not have any assets in the US nor in Mexico or anywhere, I do not have any assets at all.



The same lawyers that I have contacted, I have asked them for a legal consultation, but, they do not offer that, some of them have suggested me to look for a lawyer with practice in the debt collect law. So, my first question is where to look for a reliable lawyer. The questions that I have right now for this lawyer are below, just in case you want to give your opinion if have had any experience on this.



What happens if I answer the call and tell them that I will not pay them?



If I tell them that I do not have any asset in the USA?



And I am not living in the USA?



And I am broke?



I am not American (this may cause that the bank send a notice to migration)?



They may find out that I have some relation with that address in California is that a problem for the people that live there?



Are they ever going to go the California address?



They may find out my address in Mexico, is that a problem?



If in the future I want to go to the USA, Will migration sends me to jail or does not allow me to be there?



How long does it take from the initial of collecting until the release of charges from being sued?



What happen if they sue me?



Unable to file bankrupcty, still need legal advice?student loan





You are right, you do need a lawyer, but on a personal note. Go find a job, 2 if needed, and pay your debts. I never considered the impact of illegals getting credit in the US before. Perhaps it would just be best if you stayed in Mexico. Next time you think about going for a little swim, you should think again.



Unable to file bankrupcty, still need legal advice? loan



Your problem lies in the fact that you are currently broke. Are you not able to find any kind of work as I do know that there are many places that hire immigrant workers. I suscribe to a free credit tip course to improve my credit score, and they recommend using a law firm called The Lexington Law. I have sent you the link below. I do not know with your particular situation, if they can advise you, but it%26#039;s worth a try.



It is your credit history and not your family%26#039;s so, no I don%26#039;t think that they will go after your family in CA. Collection Agencies are less scrupulous (law-abiding) and may not have any problem trying to get the money any way they can. I see by some of your questions that they can only be answered by a knowledgeable lawyer. Go to the link and see if they can answer or if not, refer you to someone who can.|||30K would fit into the grand theft area of the law, making it federal, and basically will put you into high profile and you will not be getting into this country again, and if you do and are caught will end up in jail until your time is served then deported. Yes they will check out the CA address, and since federal will check out your Mexican address and possibly ask for extradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment