Friday, August 7, 2009

Debt relief possible?

Here is my situation-



I am approximately $5000.00 in debt. Some of it is pressing- past due light/power/gas bills.



Some of it is medical... pre insurance (the hospital is now suing me for 1400.00 as of today) I%26#039;ve tried paying small payments, but apparently that doesn%26#039;t work anymore.



Some of it is old things - old bank account, old cell phone company bill.



I make about 27,000 a year, but right now, I%26#039;ve dug myself so far in, I can%26#039;t keep ahead of everything. I have no assets (no car, house... anything %26quot;repossesible%26quot;) No bank will loan me anything- who would offer a credit card unless the interest was outrageous?



Am I beyond debt into bankrupcy? What on earth can I do? I%26#039;ve made financial mistakes in the past (overspending etc...) but how do you move beyond that when everyone is penalizing me to the point where my paycheck is 90% gone before I ever get it???



Please please help. I am lost.



Debt relief possible?





I recommend looking into Debt Settlement companies though many require at least $10,000 in unsecured debt - I still recommend you start there. Several of these services work on your behalf to negotiate the debt down and put you on plan to pay the remaining debt within (for example) 12 months, etc. but this option may only be for those with extreme cases. There will be a short term negative impact on your credit record but will it will improve %26quot;if%26quot; you successfully complete their program and pay the remaining debt down. www.bills.com is a reputable company that provides this service but do your research and make sure they have good standing with the Better Business Bureau and other consumer organizations.



Good luck...and keep your head up...if you%26#039;re serious there will be light at the end of the tunnel.



Debt relief possible?

loan



STAY AWAY FROM DEBT SETTLEMENT COMPANIES.



I tried to work with one for A LOT of debt and it got me nowhere fast and I still ended up being sued and it did not save me any money...it cost me more in the end. I ended up filing bankruptcy.



IF you decide you have to file bankruptcy...you will have to go throuch Credit Counseling first.



So...to help you decide what you should do....I would contact



Greenpath Debt Solutions. www.greenpath.com



I called and my initial interview and all that was free. They want to know ALL of your monthly expenses...they will touch on things you don%26#039;t even think of monthly as far as yearly things to budget in and so on. BUT if you decide to file bankruptcy, the Federal Bankruptcy Courts really prefer them and the process will go faster if you work with them. They do some %26quot;hardship%26quot; cases too where they will still help you even if you can not afford it. Like I said, they work closely with the fed. bankruptcy courts. I had to pay, but others have not had to.



So call them and see what they can do for you. I did and they said I should file bankruptcy. I was distraught and did not want to so went to one of the online Debt settlement places that is advertised all over and someone keeps posting them all over these forums here....and it caused more damage....SOOO.....if Green Path says you should file, then just file and do not feel BAD you are NOT a loser....no one knows what you have been through and can not judge till they have walked in your shoes. Bankruptcy for me was a FRESH start. I did chapter 7. I am getting offers now like you would not believe (but not repeating that crap again). All I say is if you have learned your lesson, that is all that matters.



So contact GreenPath Debt Solutions and see what they say. They are reputable. I am not affiliated with them. I have had family members use them, I did, and I did the settlement route and it was so NOT worth it.



Whatever though....don%26#039;t feel bad about yourself. Everyone falls upon hard times at one point in their lives. It is just up to you to learn from it and lift your chin and get yourself above and out of that deep water known as debt and the sharks known as debt collectors.|||If a person has accumulated a large amount of credit card debt due to multiple credit cards, the need for a proper counseling for credit card debt consolidation can%26#039;t be understated. Credit card debt consolidation counseling helps a person get vital insights into the facts that can help him get control over the credit card debt.



Credit card debt consolidation counselors are experts with a good knowledge of debt management, budgeting and behavioral patterns of credit card holders. These services are vital for those struggling to manage their credit card debts. Also called credit counseling or debt counseling the credit card debt consolidation counseling brings immediate relief to a credit card holder.



A person seeking credit counseling can get it from two types of organizations. The professional or commercial organizations, and the non-profit organizations. As depicted by its name or categorization, the commercial organizations charge money for their credit counseling sessions and consolidation help on the other hand the non-profit organizations offer free of charge services. Just because the non-profit organizations are free, it doesn%26#039;t undermine their quality of service. The persons associated with such organizations are thorough experts and have lived the trauma of being under credit card debt themselves and hence bring their vital experience to the credit card holder.



When a person approaches a credit counseling agency, the first thing it will do is to take stock of the situation and get various facts about the credit card debt. The credit counseling agency collects data about the income, expenditure and spending habits. It will guide the credit card holder about budgeting benefits and try to inculcate good financial habits. Read more from: http://www.credit-card-gallery.com/artic...|||First you need to do some major budget cuts. Eliminate dining out, cell-phone, other overspending. Get it to just the things needed to survive for the next couple years. My neighbor just got herself out of debt (took a little over 2 years). Pay like $10-$50/mo. on the small bills to get them paid off quick and send $5-$10/mo. on the big bills. When your smaller bills are paid off, increase your monthly payments on the big bills. She sent about $300/mo. toward her bills paying each a percentage (total debt was about $7500) They may still get a judgement against you however, most companies are willing to work with you if you let them know you want to avoid bancruptcy. My neighbor tells me that word sends shivers down their backs :0) Be careful with the debt helpers. Most do not do it for free! The monthly amount they want you to pay can be outrageous if you are only bringing in $27,000. However, if your pay is already being garnished and you can%26#039;t afford to pay for current living (rent, utilities, food) then bancruptcy is your only way out. For $9000? That really isn%26#039;t that much! Can you just tough it out a little longer?|||First run your credit report and find out which bills are on there. Then I would deal with each one individually. When you call your creditor, they%26#039;re more likely to give you a better deal on a payment plan.



I would pay your medical bills last b/c those can%26#039;t get on your credit report. Fix your credit report, it%26#039;s an important as money.



That%26#039;s a high debt to income ratio, so you%26#039;ll probably need to get a part time job. You can do it :)|||It is called Financial Insolvency.



Of course pay your living costs first - consider moving and spending less in these costs.



They can sue - they get nothing. In most states.



Start here. http://www.daveramsey.com/



His next page - https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/ind...



These will get you started. Find him on the radio in your neighborhood. On his web site.



Also see this. - http://www.crown.org/



They have career help and other helps, mp3 shows.



All will tell you pay small credit off 1st, then next up - called the SNOWBALL EFFECT. Works



Buy all your food for 2 years or more, to save. You can make extra sandwiches and sell at work sometimes, other extra incomes.



Yes, YOU WILL MAKE IT. No movies, restaurants out! MAKE THAT BUDGET!



maybe don%26#039;t answer that phone as much, or tell them to stop calling. Federal Law.|||Put services that can be turned off as the highest priority pay the power and gas bills asap!! Call the hospital $1400 is not a large debt to most hospitals they will probably be willing to work with you to keep both of you out of court. your only goal here is to avoid a judgement against you. Judgements are very hard on your credit an will remain for 7 years. if you can pay the payment on the loan you listed at the end that would be great other than that deal with the bills that are most likely to sue or are currently suing first. It would be a shame to file bankrupcy for $9000 in debts.

No comments:

Post a Comment