Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am planning on buying a Dodge truck soon that offers $5000 "bonus cash"?...?

I am wondering if I can have them mail me a check for that amount instead of having them apply it to the purchase of the truck? I want to use the $5000 to pay off a 22.9% interest credit card that has a balance close to that amount. I think it would be better use of the money than applying it to the 4.9% loan my bank gave me for the truck.



Thanks!



I am planning on buying a Dodge truck soon that offers $5000 %26quot;bonus cash%26quot;?...?





If your bank will loan you %26quot;X%26quot; dollars on the truck, and will give you a check for %26quot;X%26quot; dollars, you can have any rebate (cash back) returned to you without any problem. It is not up to the dealer, the customer has the right to apply the rebate to the down payment or to have it sent to them in a check!



Most people choose to have the rebate assigned to the dealership, so that they do not have to wait 4-8 weeks for the rebate to be processed, but it is your choice!



I am planning on buying a Dodge truck soon that offers $5000 %26quot;bonus cash%26quot;?...?

loan



I would love to sell you a vehicle, but I am not a franchised Dodge dealer! I own my own wholesale dealership, selling to other dealers, mostly at auctions! I sold retail for years, and this is less stressful. I do miss the reasonable customers, but not the know it alls! Report It

|||Before you purchase this or any truck, please check Consumer Reports. I read a short time ago that the Dodge was one of several that have been overpriced from $4,000 to $6,000. I don%26#039;t think this purchase will help you. And yes, you can elect to receive the cash instead of the discount.|||In most cases, yes. The decision is up to the dealer, but dealers can sign rebates to the consumer. Normally there%26#039;s something like a %26quot;dealer retains all rebates%26quot; clause in the purchase contract; you can simply ask them to take this clause out. Most things in a dealer contract are negotiable, even things the dealer will at first claim are not.



While that would save you a bit of a chunk of money, I suspect the math would work out even better if you bought a slightly used truck instead: The truck%26#039;s likely to lose $5,000 in value when you drive it off the lot.|||I understand what you are saying and if you want a Dodge truck go for it and instead of taking the money if they allow it just get another credit card with a lower interest rate and transfer it, they are always looking for new business that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment