Friday, August 7, 2009

Unsecured debt...?

Okay here%26#039;s the deal...I owe some money on a credit card that I got back in 2006. I got behind on my payments due to losing my job. But quickly got another, so in turn I called up the credit card company and offered to get back on track with payments starting at 20 dollars a month (minimum was 10, it was a small credit card) the woman on the other end said that since I was behind there was nothing she could do and hung up on me. Thus turning me into a collection agency. I then offered the agency a lump sum (which is what they asked for) I never heard from them again until yesterday when I was served papers for a court appearance. My question is what are my rights here? Do I still have the responsibility to pay these people after I%26#039;ve offered more than once? What can I do?



Oh and don%26#039;t be rude, because I%26#039;ll just report you. Thanks in advance for your help.



Unsecured debt...?loan





if you offered to pay in full....there should be no problem....I would verify the standing of the collection agency. Unsecured debt is just that..there is nothing that ensures that you will pay it off....except your word...so there can be no leins or anything...if you offered to pay it off through the CC company and the collection agency....and neither accepted the offer, if you have names/dates/times of the people who denied your attempts to pay, you should be good....documentation is key.......retry the channels again giving this info and attempt to settle it again.



Unsecured debt...? loan



They can garnish your wages. Try and contact the attorney or collections representative before it actually goes to court as that will hurt your credit even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment